BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Everybody, move your feet and feel united!

Oh yeahhhh! Does anyone remember the band Junior Senior?? I just had a major blast from the past which took me back to the mentality of my 8th grade self. I think for anyone the whole "associating songs with time periods" can definitely be a bittersweet at times. It's actually quite amazing how heavily an impact a simple song can have on someones emotions. There's a whole bunch of songs that remind me of "him" but when it comes down to it, it's all about how you handle the memories. Nostalgic? Sure, why not! But only for a bit. Listen to the three minutes of the song and then time to move on! Press forward and be happy =)


Other point worth mentioning, COCONUT WATER! While roaming around Whole Foods yesterday (Liz had never been there so it was a necessity that we went in) we discovered the large array of coconut waters. I remembered reading about it on Jenna's blog. and because she's basically one of my idols from the blogworld I couldn't resist buying one and testing it out.

I wasn't sure how it would taste directly by itself so I figured the help of acai and pomegranate would do the trick. And boy howdie let me tell you, it did. On the container it states how refreshing it's supposed to be and that's the honest truth. If it's possible to drink refreshing-ness (made up word, awesome) then this is it right here. If it wasn't so pricey I would go back tomorrow and STOCK UP. The taste was delicious and coconut water could be considered the ultimate drink of hydration. Also:
  • it has plenty of the 5 essential electrolytes: potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorous
  • it has more potassium than a banana (don't tell the monkeys) and 15 times more potassium than the leading sports drink
  • its natural potassium helps regulate blood pressure, heart function and enhances the hydration process
  • it has properties which promote smoother, more hydrated skin
  • it has no artificial sweeteners and is low in carbohydrates

And when the acai and pomegranate are an added factor it's also got nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, etc.etc.etc! I'm not sure how it holds up when used in workouts but because of this I have a reason to buy another container of it. Teehee, I need to conduct an experiment! Bottom line though? I suggest that if you ever have the chance to try this, TRY IT! That goes for any flavor; next up for me will probably be coconut water, the original flavor!


I also bought peaches and have decided they're on my list of MOST AWESOME FRUITS EVER. You know, because I do things like that :P




I'm off to continue the collage I started just before and watch some MIGHTY BOOSH. Anyone watch that by any chance? I almost can't believe how funny it is. Alas, it's a relaxing/funny way to spend the night...until tomorrow <3

0 comments: